Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Top chef masters

I'm finally getting around to watching Top Chef Masters on the dvr. I have two episodes taped and am currently watching the first one. Man, I know I can cook, but these guys are phenominal (hey iPod, did I spell that right?) They're each competing to win for a charity, so I don't know who to root for, but I'm just amazed. The challenge they're working on is to cook a three-course meal in a dorm room with a hot plate, microwave and toaster oven. Hmmmm, I've never seen a dorm room with Calphalon pots and pans, I'm just sayin' lol. The food they put out was exceptional ... Not just ramen noodles and English muffin pizzas!!

Seriously, I kinda feel like I never have the excuse to say "there's nothing for me to cook in this house" lol

In a weird coincidence, I was looking thru old magazines that somehow got buried in my desk drawer at work. There was a recent copy of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine about comfort food. There were delicious looking chicken pot pies on the cover and yummy soups and such in the magazine. Back in the day, when I was uber-serious about lo-carbing (oh inspiration, come back to me!!) I was part of a recipe challenge group to try three new recipes a week. Sometimes it was quite a challenge, but it got me out of my menu rut. I don't know if I can manage three recipes a week, but I do look forward to trying some new recipes soon. There was a recipe for a white chicken chili in a Canadian Living magazine that I'm really wanting to try next time I go grocery shopping!

Wish me luck in my culinary endeavors hehehe


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I know what you mean by getting stuck in a menu rut. I do that a lot too. I'm so glad that you're loving your radio show. I was going to install the software today and my pc decided it no longer likes windows...le sigh..stupid technology.

    ReplyDelete