Friday, January 15, 2010

Snowpants

Yes, I live in the Great White North. Yes, I am aware that snow pants exist. I don't ski. I barely go outside if it's snowing, so I didn't think anyone in my family needed said pants. I was mistaken. Apparently, my kid is expected to go outside for recess. In January. In Canada. So, even though I drive her to and from school everyday and she's outside for maybe a total of three minutes, we have to get her snowpants.

Well, I live in Canada. Snowpants should be as plentiful as maple syrup and beaver pelts. (I've never seen a beaver pelt...it just sounded so beautifully stereotypical.) Word to the wise: do not expect to find snowpants in stores in January. Want a bathing suit? January's your time to buy!! Snowpants, in the first month of the season to have snow? Nice try.

Thanks to our awesome friends Rahel, John, Nick & Becca for the gift of hand-me-downs. Now my daughter will be able to make snow-angels with the rest of the little Canuck kids.

Hooray


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

2 comments:

  1. they expect her to ....play.....in the.....snow?

    Kidding I am a Canadian kid and I loved it but your correct snow pant purchasing happens in October/November

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* I feel your pain. My boys are required to have boots, hats, gloves/mittens, heavy coat and snowpants for them to go out for recess. If they don't have them, they have to stand on the wall during recess. It's miserable if you have to try to find them "late" in the season. I also love when they do swimming for gym in December when you can't get swim gear yet.

    ReplyDelete