Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Big fat loser

I'm sitting here watching the season premiere of Biggest Loser, bawling my eyes out. I cry every season, every episode. I'm so jealous of the contestants and the opportunity they've been given. Do I need a tv show to lose weight? No, I honestly don't. I've lost weight before and I wasn't on a tv show. I also didn't have a kid to take care of. I'm not blaming my current condition on my kid in any way, shape, or form ... But if I was given the opportunity to go to the ranch, not have to worry about my family or my job and just work on ME, I think I could kick some major arse!!

But, alas, back to the real world. I will have to work on this on my own. I had a talk with my boss tonight and he said he worries about me because of my weight ... I've worked with the guy for three years and have restarted diet after diet countless times while I've known him. You'd think my mother's recent passing because of diabetes complications and my family's history of heart disease and the like would kick me into gear. For some reason, mentally I'm not there yet. I don't get it.

So, I'll continue to watch Biggest Loser and hope inspiration is around the corner.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment