Thursday, August 27, 2009

I wrote this Aug 27, but didn't publish it....I suck :P

Jay and I look forward to FanExpo every year. It's the time of the year that our inner-geek really shines. FanExpo is this weekend in Toronto. Can't believe it's been a year since the last one.

Sadly, I won't be attending this year. For one, and I don't know if you know this, but I'm fat. Fat really isn't a reason to miss the Con (have you seen the attendees?) ...but, with being fat, means my knee and back are really not happy with me. Carrying this extra weight, especially in the "how-do-you-say....GUT area" wreaks havoc on my lower back. And, my knee doesn't like me much either....so walking around the convention center all day is probably not going to be a good idea. And, since admission is $25, I really don't want to pay that to sit in the cafeteria area (where the only chairs are) all day. So, I'll be staying home with Diana this year. She was a bit heartbroken she wasn't going, but as an active 4-year old, there's only so many geek-asses she can look at before wanting to break free. Home's probably a good idea for her this year too. Maybe we'll do some sort of super-hero craft! What we really need to do is get thru all of her clothes to figure out what fits, what doesn't, and what she needs before school starts in 13 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment