Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm simple....

So, I watched the season finale of LOST last night and came to one conclusion. No spoilers here...don't worry if you haven't watched it yet!

I'm simple. I do not understand symbolism *at all*

For those of you who don't watch LOST, or for those of you who haven't had time to digest everything, I'm not going to blog about the intricacies of each detail of the episode. What I am going to blog about is how simple I am.

Ok, in simpe terms: if you tell me that my cat is orange, I will believe that my cat is orange. Yup, right there in the kitchen, one orange cat. I do not, however, see "... a symbol for survivors. He has managed to escape many calamities throughout the story. He escaped the intended drowning the captain had planned for all the cats, he lived in the ghost house without incident, he escaped capture when they tried to gather up all the cats to give them away, and he survived the hurricane, which few cats managed to do." (*From "Jacob I Have Loved" thank you Google!)

I've always been like this. I remember having discussions with my mother after watching movies and how we must have missed something important because we just do not understand symbolism. Ugh, English class, all coming back now.

Thankfully, in 2009, I have the interwebs to help me. I watched LOST last night. I was entertained. I sat on the edge of my couch at the end for the "WTF moment" and wondered how I was going to manage until the next season in 2010. I went to bed, satisfied that I had just seen the finale and understood most of it (those writers, they're tricky). Woke up this morning to read some online reviews of the episode and it's all symbolism. Yes, a lot more of it makes sense now that someone has drawn me a road-map. I'm just too simple for LOST I guess.

Oh well, I still heart Hurley! :D Yes, Hurley. The fictional character. I also heart Jorge Garcia, who plays Hurley, but I heart Hurley a bit more .....I am so simple!

1 comment:

  1. Were going to need to go over some English work with you, I will have Don type some things up.....better yet maybe someone who can spell will do that!

    Word Verifier: Blesseni

    In a Sentence: At the bar Kath was unable to get her favorite drink as they were out of Blesseni.

    ReplyDelete