Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tradition

Just finished baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies to mark Diana's first day of school. It's a very 50's home-maker thing to do, I know, but it's something my mom always did for my sister and me. Funny enough, I had it planned for a while now....and Facebook'd back and forth with my sister and she was doing the same thing for her kids. Looks like some things stuck, Mom. Good job!

What other traditions will we carry on? Which ones will we start? Tomorrow's a big day. First day of school for the Yamster. She doesn't realize it yet, but this is HUGE. From not wanting kids, to going to her first day of school with her....yikes!

Everyone keeps wanting us to have more. My answer to that.....awwww hellz no! We lucked out with a great kid....no reason to press our luck! :D Yes, I had a younger sister and......I wouldn't have it any other way **NOW** ...but as kids, we fought like cats and dogs. I don't know how my mother put up with that stress and there's no way I want to add it to my life!

So, Diana was off to bed early tonight. A few tears, but she managed to pass out early enough. Hopefully, with school only being 45 minutes tomorrow, it's not a screaming match to get her to leave!

I'll keep you posted, oh wonderful blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment