Thursday, September 3, 2009

can I really send her to school?

As we were getting ready to go to Glenda's on Tuesday, Diana went thru her regular ritual of "I need to bring something with me." Usually it's a couple of stuffed animals. Not too many things, Glenda has *plenty* of toys for the kids. But, I can understand Diana wanting to have something of her own with her, and she loves showing her toys to Glenda.

So, this particular day, she chose her Gund teddy bear and just needed to find a second item. And she picked this:



Yes, Mr Hankey, the Christmas Poo. Our lovely and dear friend Mike gifted the Stewarts with a plush Mr Hankey for Christmas last year. Diana loves it, but it's definitely a "stays in the house toy" ...and I don't think we've explained exactly what it is to her. She just enjoys his happy face and Santa hat.

So here I am, explaining that maybe it's not a good idea to bring Mr Hankey to Glenda's without trying to make a big deal that he's a Poo! I can just see the other kids asking Diana why she's playing with Poo. Ugh....


Yesterday, Diana comes in my room and wants to do shadow puppets....cool. I have no problem with this! I was finishing getting dressed and she was keeping herself amused. Then she tells me....I know how to make an apple! Neat! Until she shows me...



Well, this is a bunny (Thank God!) ...but an apple is *very* similar, but without the pointer finger! Um, yea, just a fist with a middle finger sticking up for the stem! Nice!

Oh jeesh....school's 6 days away......what else is she going to think up?

No comments:

Post a Comment